EuroMed Feminist Initiative IFE-EFI is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut and Erbil.
Starting from 1st January 2019, EuroMed Feminist Initiative is implementing a three-year multi-country project “Combating Violence against Women in the Southern Mediterranean Region”, funded by the EU. The overall objective is to contribute to the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in the Southern Neighborhood States.
For the purpose of the project, EFI has built in Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Palestine, Algeria, Jordan and Egypt consortia with credible and experienced national organizations: in Lebanon with Najdeh and Lebanese Women Democratic Gathering- RDFL, in Tunisia with Association des Femmes Tunisiennes pour la Recherche sur le Développement, in Morocco with Union pour l’Action Féministe, in Palestine with Palestinian Working Woman Society for Development, in Algeria with Fondation pour l’Egalité – CIDDEF, in Jordan with Arab Women Organization of Jordan and in Egypt with Techniques for Development (ACT).
Objectives of the Project
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the elimination of all forms of violence against women and girls (VAWG) in the Southern Neighborhood. This entails promoting a social environment where civil society is widely engaged in combating VAWG, in shaping public opinion and building the needed political will to address it as a political priority and therefore contributing to improving the status of gender equality in the Southern Mediterranean.
This will be achieved through a multipronged, comprehensive approach and through three main activity clusters that are interrelated and mutually reinforcing. The campaign will help getting VAWG out of the private sphere and changing public attitudes. Enhancing the capacities of CSOs will strengthen the dialogue with decision makers and contribute to the balance of power needed to achieve legal and policy change. An independent Civil Society Observatory to follow up on governmental commitments in the field of VAWG, WPS and PVE will ensure improved collective knowledge to support the adoption and implementation of policies.
The specific objectives of the project:
1. VAWG is addressed by civil society (CS) and decision makers alike as a social and political issue;
2. Capacities and number of Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) that combat VAWG is increased;
3. A Civil Society coordinating body/observatory is established to follow up on the implementation of the 4th UfM Ministerial Declaration in the area of VAWG, women, peace and security (WPS) and preventing violent extremism (PVE).
THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION OFFICER
EFI is hiring a Research Administration Officer with the following responsibilities.
- Work with the two researchers under the guidance of the Coordination Committee of the Observatory.
- Assist in propose and implementing appropriate policies and procedures for the effective operation of the observatory work
- Participate in coordination with the Coordination Committee in strategic and budgetary reviews and provide input and recommendations with respect to structure, resource requirements and supporting system requirements.
- Plan activities and tasks, including allocating time and resource required
- Provide a range of administrative support services to the researchers
- Support in the logistic organization of the coordination meetings, dialogues, and conferences
- Create and maintain standard documentation
- Develop effective mechanisms for communicating and dissemination
- Manage and monitor the budget expenditure consistently with the terms and conditions of the donor
- Retain all applicable technical and financial supporting documentation for easy retrieval as required for compliance, audits and monitoring reviews
- Liaise with the consortium members and all stakeholders
- Support in the drafting of reports and publications
- Coordinate the production of publications and ensure their dissemination
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com by August 22nd, 2019.
Please also indicate ‘Research Administrator officer Jordan’ as your email subject.
Click here for more details
EuroMed Feminist Initiative EFI is a policy network that provides expertise in the field of gender equality, democracy building and citizenship, and advocates for political solutions to all conflicts, and peoples´ rights to self-determination. EFI encompasses women’s rights organizations from the two shores of the Mediterranean and seeks to correct the gender power imbalances through ending discrimination and oppression of women and bringing about positive change for the whole society. EFI Headquarters are in Paris, with offices in Amman, Beirut, and Erbil.
On September 1st, 2018, EuroMed Feminist Initiative started implementing a multi-country project “Strengthening access to protection, participation, and services for women refugees, IDPs and host communities”, funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis – MADAD. The overall objective is to improve the livelihood, agency and legal and social protection for Syrian women refugees, IDPs and host communities in the region in Lebanon, Iraq/Kurdistan Region – Iraq (KR-I) and Jordan.
In Lebanon, EuroMed Feminist Initiative partners are Care International, Lebanese Democratic Women Gathering and Legal Action Worldwide. The objectives are to enhance security and resilience for Syrian women refugees and women from host communities through supporting and coordinating comprehensive and structured services and referral mechanisms as well as supporting gender sensitizing of policy frameworks and legislation.
In Iraq EuroMed Feminist Initiative partners are Baghdad Women Association, and Women Empowerment Organization. The objectives are to enhance security and resilience for Syrian women refugees, IDPs and women from host communities through supporting and coordinating comprehensive and structured services and referral mechanisms as well as supporting gender sensitizing of policy frameworks and legislation.
In Jordan EuroMed Feminist Initiative partners are Tamkeen and Business Development Center. The objectives are to improve in Jordan livelihood of Syrian women refugees and host communities and to contribute to eliminating practical, social, cultural and legal barriers to their employment.
EuroMed Feminist Initiative is looking for a qualified Communication and Visibility Officer based in Beirut.
The Overall Responsibility as a Communication and Visibility Officer is:
- To further develop, implement and monitor the communication and visibility strategy of MADAD project, coordinate with consortium partners and liaise with counterparts particularly with the European Union.
- To contribute to promoting EFI’s goals and vision, particularly through MADAD’s objectives.
How to apply:
Email your brief cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd of July 2019. Please also indicate ‘Communication and Visibility Officer Beirut’ as your email subject.
Click here for more details